Friday, January 22, 2010

Countdown to 1st Fill...


  I am counting the days...6 to be exact, until my first fill! I feel like I have just been waiting in a holding pattern and doing nothing the last month and really need to get the band working to help me start the process of losing weight. It is very frustrating!

My eating habbits have somewhat changed, but honestly not enough.  I am relying on the "band" to help me make the changes and to keep me on plan.  It is very easy to fall back into old habbits and eat the way I used to especially without restriction. Sometimes I feel it is like I didn't even have surgery. I am a bit disappointed in myself for not having better "selfcontrol" and staying on a good eating plan now, but I honestly don't have it in me, and haven't for a long time....THAT IS WHY I GOT THE BAND...CAUSE I NEEDED HELP, RIGHT? So, I am going to give myself a chance here, get the band "working" for me with the proper fills and see where I go.  One thing is for sure, it is very encouraging reading about other's successes here in our little blogworld.

6 comments:

  1. The first fill is a bit exciting, a bit scary. You'll do fine. It may be several adjustments before you get to the perfect place for you, but each adjustment gets you a little closer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still find myself looking for my self control sometimes ~ even after 7 months of having my gizmo with me....but it will come and putting self control and the band control together = success!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is why we needed the band. We can only hold out for so long. Don't feel bad about that! Save your guilt for later...you never know when you are going to need it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I was banded on Tuesday, and my tummy hurts all the time..at this point there would be no way I could resume my old eating habits. I am not necesarily losing weight either, maybe a lb or 2. I hope your first fill goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey GF! Thanks for following! Great blog here...I've got lots of reading to catch up on, but I'll get there! Almost first fill time...yay! You'll get there...and if we had any self-control...well, you know the rest! ;-)
    -BG

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does seem unfair that just when you need to feel that this new thing inside of you is really doing something, you can hardly tell that it is there. Hang in there. I am afraid that most people don't really feel a thing after the first couple of fills, but maybe you will be one of the lucky ones. I got through it, so hang in there.

    ReplyDelete