Monday, April 6, 2009

To Lap Band or Not to Lap Band that is the Question

I started looking into the lap band process about a month ago. I have gone to 3 free seminars at Beaumont Hospital. I took my husband to the second one with me. He is very supportive in this decision and is helping me through the thought process. I am really lucky to have him. I on the other hand am still not 100% convinced. I need to lose 100 pounds. That is a fact. Can I lose it on my own (again) and keep it off? Most likely not. Do I need a tool to help me get the weight off? Yes, for sure. Do I want to go through bariatric surgery and have my insides re-plumbed.? Not really. So, the Lap Band even with its downfalls (nothing is perfect) seems like the best route to go but I am still not sure. So I made my medical exam appointment for April 20, 2009 and I am giving myself til then to make up my mind. I just ordered 3 books from Amazon about the Lap Band which should be a help. That and all the great things I am reading on this very helpful site. I am not hearing a lot of negative, which is a good thing. So that is where I am today.

By the way these are the books I ordered:

"Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding: Achieving Permanent Weight Loss with Minimally Invasive Surgery" Jessie H. Ahroni Ph.D. A. R. N. P.

"LAP-BAND Companion" Mark J. Watson

"Lap-Band for Life" Ariel Ortiz Lagardere

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that you have already been on lapbandtalk and started reading the forums. I think it was a great help for me...hearing everyones stories! Let me know if you have any questions...and thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete