Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Big Fat Greek Easter pig out! Oink Oink Oink

It isn't bad enough that I celebrate traditional Easter Sunday with my husband and his family only to be followed this year, one week later with Greek Easter! For those of you that don't know, it is a day filled with eating literally tons of delicious home made Greek foods. Roasted Lamb, done outside on a spit just like in my Big Fat Greek Wedding, except we do ours in the back yard in stead of on the front lawn like the movie! Our side dishes include: Pastitsio (Greek version of Lasagna made with bechamel cream sauce)Spanakopita (Spinach Pie), garlic lemon roasted potatoes, basmati rice, stewed green beans in tomato sauce, cooked and marinated fresh beets, a huge Greek Salad with feta cheese, dyed red Easter eggs, breads, cheeses, and I am sure other stuff I am forgetting about. And you have to taste it all, because it is all just soooo good. So, this year I am sure I will be stuffing myself silly, cause I still can. But next year if all goes well and I am banded, it will be a whole different story. And I won't be as fat as I am this year either!
By the way, there is no coincidence that I scheduled my initial medical screening for the day after Easter....oh my! I will for sure tip the scales after that meal. Good, maybe they will say, forget the 6 month required waiting period....let's take her straight to surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment